The Teknor-Apex lab is a shared instrument facility within the Chemistry Department, which houses a suite of modern analytical instrumentation. This is a hands-on facility where graduate and undergraduate students are the primary users.
Available instrumentation includes:
- Bruker Avance III 300 NMR spectrometer: this 300 MHz spectrometer is equipped with an autosampler, a variable temperature accessory, and multinuclear probes.
- Bruker Avance III HD NMR spectrometer: this 400 MHz spectrometer is equipped with an autosampler and a variable temperature accessory and is primarily used for proton and carbon spectra.
- Bruker EMX EPR spectrometer: this X-band instrument has both a frequency counter and a gaussmeter.
- Shimadzu LCMS-2020: this liquid chromatograph has an autosampler and dual detectors: a mass spectrometer and a diode array uv-vis spectrometer.
- Shimadzu GCMS-QP2020: this gas chromatograph has an autosampler and two modes of mass detection, EI or CI.