Funding for Chemistry Camp 2017 is
provided by The University of Rhode Island,
by the Rhode Island Section of the American Chemical Society, and by private donations.
Spots are limited. Please sign up soon.
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR CHEMISTRY CAMP 2017
- WHAT: A weeklong chemistry camp for Rhode Island girls in grades 6-8. Girls will come to URI every day
(transportation not included) from 9 am to 4 pm April 17-21, and take part in a full day of interactive science education.
Each day has a THEME, will include lunch and snack, and will allow girls to participate in hands-on science experiments.
No experience is necessary, just an interest in science and a sense of fun!
We will talk with female scientists in interesting professions, travel to Mystic Aquarium, and visit the Narragansett Bay Commission.
THE CAMP IS FREE; students are expected to figure out their own transportation to and from URI daily.
- WHO: Rhode Island girls in grades 6-8**
- WHERE: University of Rhode Island campus, Kingston, RI
- WHEN: April 17-21, 2017; 9 am to 4 pm
- Priority will be given to girls who did not participate in last year's program,
and to girls in 8th grade.
NOTE: Chemistry Camp 2017 is COMPLETELY FULL and we cannot accept more girls at this time. We encourage you to fill out the application, which will put you on the wait list and give you priority enrollment for next year's program